You can design creative handmade cards for any occasion.
Today is Relaxation Day, and this is my perspective for that frame of mind. Having a lazy day bundled up with your favorite beverage, snuggling up with your cherished pet, unwinding while reading a great book… sounds wonderful to me! I feel calm and laid-back just looking at it! Couldn't we all benefit from having a day — or two — just like this?!?
Relax Card Supplies:
Keep reading for more information on how I created this card, but you'll find all the products to recreate this Relax Card listed below. Just click on each item to read more about it or to place an order. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
- In The Moment Cling Stamp Set (English) 
- Stylish Shapes Dies 
- All That Dies 
- 2022–2024 In Color™ 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper 
- 2022 2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots 
- Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Gray Granite Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Calypso Coral Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Tahitian Tide Stampin' Blends Combo Pack 
- Stampin’ Blends Medium Light Combo Pack 
- Paper Snips 
- Stampin' Dimensionals 
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals 
I started by stamping the focal image from In The Moment. These are wonderful images just begging to be colored in with your favorite coloring tools. Lately it seems I've gravitated toward my Stampin' Blends.
After applying all the color I cut it out with the largest circle in the Stylish Shapes Dies.
I cut out a few flags from a pattern in the 2022-2024 In Colors 6″x6″ Designer Paper using one of the All That Dies. I glued them to the back of the circle, with about an inch sticking out on the left, and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to attach the layered circle to the card front.
The “Relax” sentiment was stamped and then I cut just that word out with my Paper Snips. I cut along the edges of my Mini Stampin' Dimensionals for some smaller strips and applied them to the back of the word before adhering it to the card front as shown.
And finally I applied a few decorative dots underneath. They are in the Tahitian Tide color, but they seem to show up a little lighter in the photograph for some reason.
This card makes me so happy when I look at it. Is that silly?
For more creative handmade cards start here with a homemade thank you card idea you might like.