This is one of the coolest homemade birthday card ideas I've seen in a while. I love making these cards that just explode with personality when opened — like a party in a box! — and people really seem to enjoy receiving them.
I went all out with a variety of stamp sets and dies to create this special card in a box for my dad's surprise 80th birthday celebration this past weekend. I'll try to remember them all the supplies, but I apologize in advance if I've forgotten something.
The base of this unique birthday card was made out of Very Vanilla card stock, and the patterned paper was mounted on Bermuda Bay card stock.
- Paper: Birthday Basics Designer Paper (130145), Gold Foil Sheets (132622)
- Stamp Sets: Five-Way Flower (131088), Starburst Sayings (w-133182/c-133185), Hearts a Flutter (w-131922/c-129252), Itty Bitty Banners (w-132022/c-126257)
- Big Shot Dies: Starburst Framelits Dies (132967), Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159), Bitty Banners Framelits Dies (129267) Typeset Alphabet Bigz (127553)
- Punches: Bird Builder for the leaves (117191) and Owl Builder for the little hearts (118074)
- Accessories: Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246), Window Sheets (114323)